1. Download the Career Fair Plus (virtual career fair platform) app to your phone. Click here to download to iOS, or click here to download for Android. Open the app, and navigate to WestPACS Collegiate Career Fair or use this link for the desktop version of the app. Make sure to then navigate to WestPACS Collegiate Career Fair.
2. Identify which attending organizations (employers and graduate schools are attending) interest you the most and research their websites.
3. When you’re ready to start scheduling meetings (1:1 or group meetings), you will need to create an account and build your profile on Career Fair Plus. Here’s a brief How-To video showing you exactly how to go about setting up your account: CFP Video
4. Make sure you build a complete profile that includes your resume, as well as other relevant information. This is the profile recruiters will see when you book meetings with them. You want to make a good impression!
5. Schedule meetings with recruiters. You can reserve meetings now and will be able to make appointments through 4pm on March 10, which is when the event ends. Keep in mind meetings are available on a first-come, first-served basis so be sure to reserve your times ASAP.
6. Please note! You now have the option to choose either a 1:1 meeting or a group meeting with a recruiter. Group meetings do not have a specific time slot for you to choose and you can join at any point within the meeting time – there is the possibility for multiple candidates to be in the meeting. A 1:1 meeting is at a set time slot, that you can choose, and you will be the only candidate there during the meeting.
7. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Check out this brief “How to Work a Virtual Career Fair” video by a Peace Corps Recruiter attending the spring fair. For a more detailed overview of what to expect, check out this “How to Work a Virtual Career Fair” video by former Enterprise Holdings recruiter, Jill Thomas. If you watch these videos and put the tips into action, you will be 100% prepared for the fair!
(Disclaimer: The second video is from the fall 2020 virtual fair, but is still packed full of relevant and valuable information.)
How To Reserve an Appointment Time
- Tap on the organization you would like to meet with and then tap ‘Meetings’ to see the schedules they have available
- Select the schedule that you’re interested in; employers and graduate schools may have multiple schedules – make sure you look to see if it’s a 1:1 meeting or a group meeting and select accordingly
- Select a meeting that works for you, and hit ‘YES’ to book the meeting time
If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in.
If you have not yet created an account, you must do so at this stage in order to reserve meetings.
Check the app regularly in the weeks leading up to the fair because some recruiters will be adding additional appointment times as the fair approaches. Be sure to prepare a few thoughtful questions to ask during your meetings.
What to expect from a virtual fair
Virtual career fairs are online ‘events’ that allow recruiters and candidates to meet in virtual environments such as through voice calls or video chat rooms, and offer a number of advantages to both candidates and recruiters! Candidates benefit by saving valuable time which can be used on employer research and practicing elevator pitches. Moreover, candidates have the opportunity to meet with a wider range of employers and recruiters, some of whom may not typically attend an all-day on-site event.
We will be working with Career Fair Plus to host our upcoming virtual career fair. Career Fair Plus is an app available on all Apple and Android devices. The app is also available on your personal computer. Career Fair Plus creates an intuitive, user-friendly experience for candidates and employers. Please download the Career Fair Plus app in preparation for the virtual fair and check out this video demo to see how it works!
Once you begin scheduling meetings with recruiters, more detailed instructions will be sent to you via email. Please make sure to save firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted contact in your email and also be sure to check your spam/junk folder to be sure you don’t miss any important information from us about your participation. We look forward to virtually connecting you with employers this spring!
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
SPECIAL NOTE FOR VIRTUAL FAIRS: While we are unable to host day-of-fair employer workshop sessions, we have pre-recorded similar sessions for you to view as you prepare.
THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY APPLICABLE FOR IN-PERSON FAIRS:
In addition to face-to-face interaction with over 100 employers, presentations run from
Everyone is welcome to attend these workshops held in the seminar room near candidate registration.
candidates will be able to start scheduling meetings with recruiters for the SPRING 2021 FAIR on February 24!
All candidates will need to create a profile and select times to meet with recruiters via Career Fair Plus. Continue to check this site for details. College students and alumni from any 2 – 4 year accredited university or college are eligible to attend.
WestPACS reserves the right to cancel a candidates’ registration if they do not meet the criteria listed above.