March 9, 2022 | 11AM – 4PM | monroeville convention center
March 10, 2022 | 11AM – 4PM | Virtual via HANDSHAKE
What to Expect at the fair
We will be hosting our upcoming career fair in-person on Wednesday and virtually via Handshake on Thursday.
Once you register, more detailed instructions will be sent to you via email. Please make sure to save email@example.com as a trusted contact in your email and also be sure to check your spam/junk folder to be sure you don’t miss any important information from us. We look forward to connecting you with employers at the fair!
Tips for Attending a face-to-face career fair
2. Visit your campus career center and have your resume reviewed.
3. On Handshake, review the list of employers and graduate schools attending the fair and make a list of the booths you plan to visit.
4. Dress to impress! Professional dress is required for entrance.
5. Print several copies of your updated resume to distribute to recruiters at the fair.
6. Attend a candidate workshop at the fair presented by employers attending the fair that day. Workshops run from 10: 30 am – 12:30 pm. Workshops take place near candidate registration and help candidates make the most of the fair, understand how to effectively follow-up, and learn other tips for finding internship and employment opportunities.
Special note: Your college/university does not need to be a member of Handshake for you to sign up for a Handshake account. All students, regardless of where they attend, can sign up and use Handshake for free.
2. Build a complete profile with your resume, as well as other relevant information. This is the profile recruiters will see and you want to make a good first impression! Check out these helpful articles to learn how to upload a document to Handshake and build your profile from your resume.
4. Identify which attending organizations interest you the most and research them.
5. Schedule sessions (1:1 or group sessions) with employers and graduate schools of interest. Timeslots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve your times ASAP. Candidates can begin reserving times on February 7, 2022.
Special note! You have option to choose either a 1:1 session or group session. A 1:1 meeting is at a set time slot, which typically lasts ten minutes and you will be the only candidate during that time. Group sessions are also at a set time slot, but can last up to 30 minutes and up to 50 candidates can be in the session at one time.
6. Test your camera and audio to be sure they are working in Handshake prior to the fair. Log into Handshake and selecting “Test Handshake Video” in the upper right-hand corner.
7. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Check out “How to Work a Virtual Career Fair” video by former Enterprise Holdings recruiter, Jill Thomas, for a detailed overview of what to expect and how to make the most of your time at the fair.
(Disclaimer: The video is from fall 2020, but is still packed full of relevant and valuable information.)
candidates will be able to register for the in-person fair and start scheduling meetings with recruiters for the virtual fair starting on monday february 7!
College students and alumni from any 2 – 4 year accredited university or college are eligible to attend.
WestPACS reserves the right to cancel a candidates’ registration if they do not meet the criteria listed above.