What to Expect from a Virtual Fair
Virtual career fairs are online ‘events’ that allow recruiters and candidates to meet in virtual environments such as through voice calls or video chat rooms, and offer a number of advantages to both candidates and recruiters! Candidates benefit by saving valuable time which can be used on employer research and practicing elevator pitches. Moreover, candidates have the opportunity to meet with a wider range of employers and recruiters, some of whom may not typically attend an all-day on-site event.
We will be hosting our upcoming virtual career fair on Handshake.
Once you register more detailed instructions will be sent to you via email. Please make sure to save firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted contact in your email and also be sure to check your spam/junk folder to be sure you don’t miss any important information from us about your participation. We look forward to virtually connecting you with employers this fall!
1. Create your free student/alumni account on joinhandshake.com if you do not already have a Handshake account. Here’s how to setup your Handshake account. Special note: Your college/university does not need to be a member of Handshake for you to sign up for a Handshake account. All students, regardless of where they attend, can sign up and use Handshake for free.
2. Build a complete profile with your resume, as well as other relevant information. This is the profile recruiters will see and you want to make a good first impression! Check out these helpful articles to learn how to upload a document to Handshake and build your profile from your resume.
4. Identify which attending organizations interest you the most and research them.
5. Schedule sessions (1:1 or group sessions) with employers and graduate schools of interest. Timeslots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve your times ASAP. Candidates can begin reserving times on September 13, 2021.
Special note! You have option to choose either a 1:1 session or group session. A 1:1 meeting is at a set time slot, which typically lasts ten minutes and you will be the only candidate during that time. Group sessions are also at a set time slot, but can last up to 30 minutes and up to 50 candidates can be in the session at one time.
6. Test your camera and audio to be sure they are working in Handshake prior to the fair. Log into Handshake and selecting “Test Handshake Video” in the upper right-hand corner.
7. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Check out “How to Work a Virtual Career Fair” video by former Enterprise Holdings recruiter, Jill Thomas, for a detailed overview of what to expect and how to make the most of your time at the fair.
(Disclaimer: The video is from fall 2020, but is still packed full of relevant and valuable information.)
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
SPECIAL NOTE FOR VIRTUAL FAIRS: While we are unable to host day-of-fair employer workshop sessions, we have pre-recorded similar sessions for you to view as you prepare.
THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY APPLICABLE FOR IN-PERSON FAIRS:
In addition to face-to-face interaction with over 100 employers, presentations run from
Everyone is welcome to attend these workshops held in the seminar room near candidate registration.
candidates will be able to start scheduling meetings with recruiters for the fall 2021 starting on monday september 13!
All candidates will need to create a profile and select times to meet with recruiters via Career Fair Plus. Continue to check this site for details. College students and alumni from any 2 – 4 year accredited university or college are eligible to attend.
WestPACS reserves the right to cancel a candidates’ registration if they do not meet the criteria listed above.