October 5, 2022 | 10AM – 2PM | virtual via handshake
october 12, 2022 | 10AM – 2PM | Monroeville convention centeR
Our Career fair this fall is a 2 day event!
We highly recommend attending both fairs!
We look forward to connecting you with employers at the fair!
Tips for Attending an in-person career fair
1. Register for the fair on Handshake. If you don’t have a Handshake account already, create one for free at joinhandshake.com before registering for the fair. Candidates can pre-register for FREE by 11:59 PM on October 10 or you can pay $10 at the door on the day of the fair.
2. Visit your campus career center and have your resume reviewed.
3. On Handshake, review the list of employers and graduate schools attending the fair and make a list of the booths you plan to visit.
4. Dress to impress! Professional dress is required for entrance.
5. Print several copies of your updated resume to distribute to recruiters at the fair.
6. Attend a candidate workshop at the fair presented by employers attending the fair that day. Workshops take place near candidate registration and help candidates make the most of the fair, understand how to effectively follow-up, and learn other tips for finding internship and employment opportunities. Specific times for our workshops this fair will be announced at a later date.
Special note: All students, regardless of where they are enrolled, can sign up and use Handshake for free.
2. Build a complete profile with your resume, as well as other relevant information. This is the profile recruiters will see and you want to make a good first impression! Check out these helpful articles to learn how to upload a document to Handshake and build your profile from your resume.
4. Identify which attending organizations interest you the most and research them.
5. Schedule sessions (1:1 or group sessions) with employers and graduate schools of interest. Timeslots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve your times ASAP. Candidates can reserve times with employers until the end of the event.
Special note! Candidates have the option to choose either a 1:1 session or group session. A 1:1 meeting is at a set time slot, which typically lasts ten minutes and only one candidate can reserve each time slot. Group sessions are also at a set time slot, but can last up to 30 minutes and up to 50 candidates can be in the session at one time.
6. Test your camera and audio to be sure they are working in Handshake prior to the fair. Log into Handshake and select “Test Handshake Video” in the upper right-hand corner.
7. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Check out “How to Work a Virtual Career Fair” video by former Enterprise Holdings recruiter, Jill Thomas, for a detailed overview of what to expect and how to make the most of your time at the fair.
(Disclaimer: The video is from fall 2020, but is still packed full of relevant and valuable information.)
Attending the Virtual Fair? Don’t forget to reserve times to meet with recruiters after you complete your registration.
College students and alumni from any 2 – 4 year accredited university or college are eligible to attend.
WestPACS reserves the right to cancel a candidates’ registration if they do not meet the criteria listed above.